Guided by our common human curiosity and Catholic character, the College of Science at the University of Notre Dame undertakes its mission to prepare the scientific leaders of tomorrow, inspiring them to seek greater understanding of the natural world, to translate that knowledge into human improvement, and to share discoveries in ways that make a difference in society.
The College of Science is committed to fostering advancements that answer the world’s toughest questions and solve its most enduring problems. We are dedicated to providing our students with an exceptional education in an environment that encourages exploration, discovery, collaboration, and independent thinking in a place where each person’s unique contribution is valued.
- Enhance and expand basic research, scholarship, and creative activities in core disciplines
- Promote and expand interdisciplinary research initiatives, programs, and infrastructure
- Offer the most distinctive undergraduate science education
- Increase the college's visibility internally and externally
- Cultivate an environment that embraces our Catholic traditions and values
- Create an outlet where our research and teaching discoveries, inventions, and innovations can benefit society
- Create a culture of continuous improvement
Recognizing that all are created in God’s image and likeness, we will promote a culture that is respectful of the dignity of every individual and in which diversity in many forms and expressions is valued and appreciated.
Guided by our belief in the essential dignity of every person, the College of Science strives to create an academic and campus culture that attracts and supports the development of a diverse community of students, faculty and staff that reflect the diversity of the Catholic Church and the broader world in which we live and work.
A diverse campus community is inextricably linked to academic excellence. It provides a rich intellectual environment, consisting of a broader range of questions, perspectives, and scholarly interests, better preparing all our graduates to live, work and serve others in an increasingly global and multicultural society.