The 17th annual Mini Medical School Lecture Series will begin on March 13. The lecture series is design to educate members of the general public about medical trends and enhance their ability to ask better questions of their doctors. The lecture series is free and open to the public. Free parking is available just south of the building.
Five local physicians will join a panel discussion to answer the question, "Do cancer screenings hurt us or help us?" A question and answer session will follow the discussion.
- Urologist Can Talug, M.D., of the South Bend Clinic
- Gynecologist Etta Nevel, M.D., of Michiana Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Gastroenterologist Patrick O'Dea, M.D., of Michiana Gastroenterology
- Radiologist Samir Patel, M.D., of Radiology Inc.
- Rudolph M. Navari, M.D., associate dean and director of IU School of Medicine-South Bend and an oncologist with the South Bend Clinic
The lecture series is sponsored by the IU School of Medicine-South Bend and the Medical Education Foundation of South Bend.