Bring your bicycle and join Dean Crawford and a group of bikers from the Notre Dame Club of Chicago for the 7th annual Notre Dame Home Opener Bike Ride to kick of the 2013 Notre Dame football season! This will be a fantastic ride from downtown Chicago to Notre Dame. The group will arrive in time to relax and tailgate prior to watching the Fighting Irish take on the Temple Owls at Notre Dame Stadium.
Ride Schedule for Saturday, August 31
- Depart: 5:00 a.m. CDT from Millennium Park. Meet at Harbor Point, 115 N. Harbor Drive.
- Arrive at Notre Dame: 1:00 p.m. EDT (12:00 p.m. CDT)
- Kick-off: 3:30 p.m. EDT
- Riders will need to arrange their own transportation for themselves and their bikes back to Chicago.
Biking Package Includes
- Route guide
- Rest stops & sag wagon
- A ticket to the game (if needed)
- Tailgater food & drinks
- Bike and gear check
- A place to shower and change on campus
Please note: If you don't need a ticket to the game, there’s no charge to participate.
If you’re interested in biking or have any questions, please contact David Tracy. We look forward to seeing you there. Go Irish!