The Lucy Family Institute for Data & Society is delighted to announce the second cohort Lucy Graduate Scholars. These ten Ph.D. students represent seven different departments and programs across campus. Lucy Graduate Scholars will work with the 2022-2024 Scholars cohort and will receive mentorship from Institute faculty and staff over the next two years to co-create a collaborative, interdisciplinary graduate student research community.
2023-2025 Lucy Graduate Scholars Cohort:
- Adriana Pilar Ferreira Albanus, Political Science, Advisor: Aníbal Pérez-Liñán
- Ali Altiok, Peace Studies and Political Science, Advisor: Caroline Hughes
- Anna Sokol, Computer Science and Engineering, Advisor: Nitesh Chawla
- Aydin Wells, Computer Science and Engineering, Advisor: Tijana Milenkovic
- Barnabas Agbodekhe, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Advisor: Edward Maginn
- Isabella Gimon, Integrated BioMedical Sciences (IBMS), Advisor: Santiago Schnell
- Kyla Jones, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Advisor: Alexander Dowling
- Ruyuan Wan, Computer Science and Engineering, Advisor: Karla Badillo-Urquiola
- Seham Kafafi, Psychology, Advisor: Jessica Payne
- Simon Weaver, Integrated BioMedical Sciences (IBMS) and Chemistry and Biochemistry, Advisor: Matthew Champion
Lucy Graduate Scholars play a key role in shaping the programming and opportunities offered by the Lucy Family Institute. Scholars attend monthly luncheons to discuss research progress and challenges, present at the Annual Lucy Symposium, and design community-building events for graduate students across the University that are responsive to pressing topics at the intersection of data science and society.
Additionally, Lucy Graduate Scholars receive $3,000 (either as a stipend top-up or towards professional development activities) for each year that they participate in the program.
To learn more about the application process to become a Lucy Graduate Scholar, please visit the Lucy Family Institute for Data & Society website.
Originally published by lucyinstitute.nd.edu on May 24, 2023.at