Professor of Physics
"Future Sky: How Our Universe Will Change in the Near and Distant Future"
Astronomy makes many predictions about the evolution of the future cosmos. Utilizing the Digital Visualization Theater to journey backward and forward through time, this presentation will examine questions such as:
- How will the Earth change and when will the Earth come to an end?
- When will life on Earth end?
- How will the Sun change and when will the Sun burn out?
- When and how will the Galaxy end?
- What will happen to the stars in the sky?
- What is the future of the universe: A big bounce, a big freeze, or a big rip?
- Will time itself come to an end?